Monday, September 19, 2011

The State of Misery...

So the majority of people out there figure that when I say misery I mean the actual feeling of.  Nope.  I currently live in this state.  When we first moved here, and by we I mean my husband, girl-child 1 and myself, it was a new adventure for me.  I, having never lived anywhere other than the fantabulous Lost Wages out in the wild, wild West, thought this could be the thing we needed to make it in the cold harsh world.  A new place, new people, new environment...all of it so brand new and exciting!!  Bite your tongue!!  It was probably the worst thing we could have done for ourselves...

Lost Wages was a beautimous place to live.  So many lights, so many people, so much desert...  I enjoyed the weather, the heat (yes a dry heat) the somewhat cold winters, those that actually got cold, and believe it or not, snow...well on occasion.  In misery I experienced a people that were very cold, unless you belonged to their church.  I, while having faith was not a church-goer, did not fit in with them.  Those that had kids, were almost a decade younger than I!  At what age do people have children out here?!  So many differences, so many changes.  Thus began my adjustment to small town life.  The big city was only a memory waiting to be recalled.  I struggled...a lot!!  I made the adjustment, slowly.  And now, thanks to those wonderful people I have met, enjoy the life of a small town.  Although I still have a few issues with Misery, I am learning to adapt, and make the best of it.

1 comment: